herald 13/60 & vitesse brakes ??

j4mpp4

hi i have bought a herald 13/60 year 1970 and im interested to know what differences does this car have if compared to 2.0 litre vitesse ??? im asking because living in finland and here we dont have many herald/vitesse cars..
im thinking to do this herald with ford 2.3 litre v6 engine so i must know what kind of brakes vitesse has...
sorry for my bad english and greetings from cold finland...cladly summer is coming..  :D

j,
(may we have your real name please?)
This is a well discussed subject - suggest you search this site for previous threads where it has been discussed before!
There is a current thread over on the TSSC MsB ( http://www.tssc.org.uk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=193&id=5867#5892 ) and if you are a member, you can post and search there too.

Unless you are concerned about originality, and if you are fitting a Ford engine you are not, then modern calipers would be easier to find than original parts, and that has been discussed too.

From your picture, the rear suspension is already lowered, a lot!  Or do you have gold bars in the boot?  Shorter, stiffer front springs, I think are needed!
Nice car!  Converted from a saloon?  The soft top looks non-original, as are the clips along the top of the windscreen.

Good luck!
John

oh yes my real name is Sami...i tried to search but i didnt find anything...maybe my poor english is the cause..
the rear suspension is lowered in the picture with 150kg pure sand :D :D
but im going to get new rear spring and front springs too.. lowered...
originally saloon model and the soft top is self made by previus owner...very poorly...

about the brakes..it would be easier to get original parts to the car not so many things have to bee modified...
and the car is not for racing it´s for cruising thats why the v6..love the sound...

The vitesse and gt6 use the same front suspension and brakes, but different to herald. Ideally you need the whole upright/hub/discs/calipers/stub axle/bearings. Quite easy over here, less so over there.
Saw a V6 in a herald years ago, seemed to fit OK, so all do-able.
You will need a different back axle too, maybe a spitfire 1500 one will do the job, just!

Clive

• 6 months later...

hi,again...somethings i have done now the car has lowered suspension...front springs -40mm and rear spring was hammered straight...the engine is still the original 1.3l because the brakes are originals havent found vitesse brakes/axles here in finland...

heres a photo of the car now...

http://kuvablogi.com/nayta/1262128/

Archived