Herals based kit-car - disc brakes

ninjabadger

Hi All,

I've recently inherited a kit car (morgan rip off) which I think has triumph susspension and brakes.

It's drums all round and I want to put discs on the front.

Am I right in thinking that there were heralds with drums all round but also some with discs on the front?

If so does anyone know if I could simply replace the whole verticle strut (including hub housing, hub, calipers, discs etc); is the rest of the suspension common between the drum and disc variaeties?

Many thanks in advance,

NB

The generic answer is "yes" but if you post a couple of photos we might be able to identify exactly what you've got and what will fit easily.

It's pretty much mechano so you can mix and match, there are generally 3 types - Vitesse/GT6 (bigger brakes), Herald/Spitfire (smaller discs) and Herald drum. There are some variations on a theme but those are three basic flavours.

There's a lot you can do to change, uprate or generally piffle about with including fitting 4 pot calipers, vented discs, Caterham style trunnionless suspension, etc, etc.

Oh and welcome to the Forum :-)

My Herald based special started off with drums and has progressed up to discs (13/60 suspension assemblies- straight swap apart from the flexi brake hoses..different length if my memory serves.)  Mark.  PS. trying to work out if you have a Moss/modified Spartan/Burlington, or a mix'n'match!  

Spitfire4 wrote:
That looks remarkably like a North Wiltshire wheely bin - where in Wiltshire are you?

I didn't know you were a bin spotter, that's like more hardcore than a train spotter  :P:-)

Watchout Ninjabadger, he'll be stalking you next

Archived