Marshman 1360

If you are starting with the furthest first you need to start with the furthest one in piping terms, which will be the O/S. Likewise, the one with the shortest piperun is the N/S front, not the obvious seeming O/S  :)

Not sure it makes alot of odds in any case, I always have to go around a couple of times anyway....

Nick

Nick_Jones wrote:

Not sure it makes alot of odds in any case, I always have to go around a couple of times anyway....

Nick

Don't we all ;D
I usually do it, then go back and do it properly, usually because whatever wonder tool I've been using has proved totally crap. Nothing beats the old fashioned pedal pump method.

valencia1 wrote:
eezi-bleed kit i bought was worth every penny, do it all on your own, absolute doddle. :)

Must be just me then but mine explodes fluid all over the bulkhead every time even using an almost totally deflated inner tube as a pressure source. I've taken too much paint off newly painted cars to trust it any more.
I also bought one of the compressor-powered vacuum devices which is worse than useless.

I used an ezee bleed kit on my wife's 1303 VW beetle. The master cylinder is horribly inaccessible under the floor on these, with the reservoir in the front boot, the two joined by a rubber tube. The pressure was a bit high in the spare wheel and it blew the rubber tube clean off the master cylinder. Took me hours to sort it all out.

That car used to fight me all the time like this - even broke my thumb once. I'm sure it was possessed, so I sold it.

490 wrote:

Must be just me then but mine explodes fluid all over the bulkhead every time even using an almost totally deflated inner tube as a pressure source. I've taken too much paint off newly painted cars to trust it any more.
I also bought one of the compressor-powered vacuum devices which is worse than useless.

Not just you, it's happened to me too - Eezibleed is the work of the devil. Great when it works, paint ruined when it doesn't.

I foolishly ruined my freshly resprayed bulkhead with an Eezi-bleed, but I still wouldn't be without one. You just have to make sure that the nuts where the pipe meets the cap are very tight (they work loose). Also, you simply cannot get the cap to seal onto your master cylinder by hand. It might feel tight as hell, but the second the tyre is attached, there's a brake fluid Niagra Falls. I use a rubber strap wrench (a Boa-Constrictor) to get it sealed. In addition, I pack an old towel around the master cylinder so any leaks don't get to the paint.

It's a bit of a pain to set up, but compared to all the other brake bleeding methods, it's just heavenly :)

Unless there is a lot of air in there, I find it easy to do conventionally and alone (sad I know).

Make sure the tube is tight on the nipple, is see thru and goes up a fair way before bending down into your catch pot - I use a jam jar with a hole punched in the lid.

Top the master cylinder right up, open the nipple and gravity will start to push the fluid out. Nip round to the drivers side and slowly pump the pedal 5 or 6 times, go back and check for air in the tube - if none nip it up. Job done - usually anyway.

Archived