GT6 rear drum brakes on a Spitfire

spitfun

Does anybody know the size of the GT6 and Spitfire rear brakes? I'm assuming the drums are different. I ordered some axles from Chequered Flag and he's telling me they are GT6 rear brakes. I want to order some pads and drums and want to order the correct ones. If anyone knows the diameter of both types that would be great-I can't find anything on the web.Thanks Rich

I think the shoes are the same for Vitesse 1600, 2L, Mk2 and GT6 1 - 3 except for late GT6 3 with "self-adjusters".

In fact I think all parts are interchangeable apart from back plates (rotoflex are different) and wheel cylinders which, though externally identical, have different bores according to model.

Nick

Nick_Jones wrote:
I think the shoes are the same for Vitesse 1600, 2L, Mk2 and GT6 1 - 3 except for late GT6 3 with "self-adjusters".

In fact I think all parts are interchangeable apart from back plates (rotoflex are different) and wheel cylinders which, though externally identical, have different bores according to model.
Nick's got it. I will just add that the late MkIII rear brakes are not only self-adjusting but wider shoes as well, so shoes and drums differ from the earlier cars.