mickeywheelspin

Hi,

This may be an obvious problem - but I'm stumped.  I've replaced pretty much the entire braking system on the car (new Wilwood master cylinder, callipers, copper lines, discs pads & shoes, etc..) and I've bled through the system with no problems but the brakes seem to be binding and the pedal is rock solid.  It seems as though the master cylinder isn't releasing the pressure in the brake lines - is this a common problem?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

What pads are you using? I had EBC Greenstuff pads - ONCE - and they were so tight in the calipers (between the fully retracted piston and the disc) they almost stuck to the disc, and as they were so hard wearing they wouldn't wear enough to allow the pistons to move and so free up. Never again. I use softer standard pads these days which aren't as thick when new, and so the piston has to move slightly out when they're first fitted. If yours are new, look at how tight they are to the disc when the piston is fully retracted. It may be there's no pedal feel because nothing is actually moving.

I had this when I rebuilt mine. but they were ok until I left it parked in the garage for 3 months. When I came back to it
I could not press the peddle down it was rock solid. I took the master cylinder apart and replaced the seals which I already did 3 months earlier and all was ok.

Archived