Help can not bleed front brakes

gt6matt

Hi all really stuck bleeding front brakes, rear brakes are fine, front I cannot seem to get right. Its something to do with that brake compensator valve, imquistive little sod I am I undid the large nut on the side.
I have bled the system when said nut is loose, and then pedal is okay, I leave it a few mins then back to full pedal travel.
Must be doing something wrong but what?
Help Cheers Matt

gt6matt - do you have dual circuit brakes on your GT6 (I thought they were on Spit 1500)?

Is the brake failure warning light on?  If so, the piston has moved across and it needs to be re-centred (by lowering the pressure on the other circuit).

To bleed dual circuit brakes you have to be gentle - I am sure the books have the correct proceedure - but basically you have to tease the air out without letting the pressure fall on one of the circuits - or else that piston will shuttle over!

Did you happen to rebuild the master cylinder?  When my son did this, he put the two springs in the wrong way round (one is stronger than the other, but they look similar) which made it impossible to balance the system (so impossible to bleed).

Good luck,

Paul.

First off all, I take it you no got a blocked pipe, !!!

On some types, if you put your foot down on the pedal, then ..open the nipple.. then it wont bleed,
you got to open the nipple first, then press,.

or do it as I doo it, never had any probs with  this,

Open the bleed nipples, and just let the fluid run out,

Put a pipe over the nipple into a bottle,

gravity will self bleed it for ye,, just keep the reservoir topped up,

some times there can be trapped air, but this will come thru , sooner or later,

when fluid is /has been coming out, , get some one to ..push pedal ..doon, , and then retighten,

but not really needed, just peace of mind,

have to say if you have a pedal then loose it its front wheel bearing endfloat thats likley to be the culprit,
leave the car to stand and the discs press the pistons back more than normal, you press the brake pedal and they return, you get a peadl till you leave it or move the car when the disc pushes it all back again  
worth a look    Pete

Archived