GT6boy

Sorting the car after changing to Mineral fluid from Silicon and in readiness for forthcoming Trackdays and was surprised at how easily I could lock the front wheels now. Both wheels lock uniformly under enthusiastic braking- normal braking is un-affetced.
Perhaps it is further proof that the Silicon fluid was 'in the autumn of its life' :B.
I do have a Girling servo acting on all 4 wheels, but the car does not have the smaller rear wheel cylinders of the late mk3 GT6.
So do tell boys- how easy is it for you other quality car owners(GT6) to lock your front wheels?

Mine are non servo and I can smoke the front tyres at will  :) Of course without a servo it takes a firm push on the pedal.
Although upon initial application they are pulling slightly to the left. Time to get a seal kit and overhaul my calipers ;)

i have had first hand experience of your locking brakes bruce coming into camp corner at castle combe! all in the name of fun i guess. ;) Im afraid the last time i locked my brakes i ended up in the back of a tractor....im not a fan of it really ;D

regards

Garry

• 1 month later...

No Servo Bruce, but do have Princess calipers with an overbore master - locked up only once when I was still running on the 165 wires when some berk assumed that Spitfers (GTfires) are slow & pulled out on me. Now on MGF alloys & she pulls up stunt.

Archived