't Kreng; a continuing story

Beans

I let the engine run for 10 minutes yesterday evening. Doesn't look like the leak is getting less.
So I had a search through the spares this evening in search of a spare pump to recondition.
Found only one but it looks in pretty good condition. To be continued ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2024 at 19:33, Beans said:

I let the engine run for 10 minutes yesterday evening. Doesn't look like the leak is getting less.
So I had a search through the spares this evening in search of a spare pump to recondition.
Found only one but it looks in pretty good condition. To be continued ...

Have you thought of going electric with a davies craig pump.  They are about the same price as a mechanical one and more efficient and no HP loss. Less pressure on the jackshaft too.

23 hours ago, Matt306 said:

Have you thought of going electric with a davies craig pump.  They are about the same price as a mechanical one and more efficient and no HP loss. Less pressure on the jackshaft too.

No! As I haven't had much problems with the original set up over the years (36 and counting 🤩).
This pump was fitted 17 years ago.

Most problems people encounter with the original pump are small leaks that usually self seal with regular use.
But lots of pumps have been replaced needlessly because people don't have a clue how the water seal works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...