Moulded carpet or luxury wool???

constantinos

the wool is nice and gives a superior feeling but if it is for a spit(or any convertible for that matter)used regularly i would and did go for the moulded carpet.

it holds less water if you forget to raise the roof or get caught in a downpour and will resist mould better plus it's easier to fit.

I've been looking for a while. Although they fit I've yet to find moulded sets in decent quality carpet. The colours are also limited, I want chestnut but nobody does it. The luxury sets however, right colour and good quality.

I'm confused about comments regarding the tunnel, my carpets are original and just sort of drape over the tunnel, not too hard to duplicate I think.

As to the loose carpet moving about, use carpet glue.

The only problem with loose carpet, for a GT6 anyway, is the wheel arches, curved in two planes. I can't see a way to do it other than to cut the carpet and I'm not sure how well that would turn out. Mine aren't badly worn, just faded, I might just leave them and dye them to match the new set. But enough about me!  ;D

The majority votes for moulded and from my experience seems to be the best. I also had very expensive carpet set, but the corners were not precise, some dust, dirt or any small items, even coins etc seem to get hidden under the carpets anywhere in the Car. The carpenters although know their job, in reality they are unaware of the tunnel's function, and even the fact that in order to change clutch set you need to take the tunnel out. :-/
By the way i got a price quote from moss but seems that the set they offer.
.http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/carpet-kit-black-moulded.
but i don't know the difference in quality. Any thoughts?
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-RL1534BLACKLIST