Einar

I’m thinking about to change the rear and front shock absorbers. Apart from the standard ones, there are several upgrades like Spax, Koni and Gaz (and probably others…) available at Rimmer. Rear: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID007843 and front: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID007841. Is it worth going for upgraded absorbers or the standard “good enough”? Does anyone have any recommendations of which one that are “the best”? I’m using the Vitesse pretty normal during the season, some regular drives but most on longer rides. I’m definitely not using the car for any race, racetrack, “high performance” etc. – just normal use. Any input appreciated.

Thanks
Einar

I have a "played with" swing spring with spax ajusables on the rear of my herald. Spax are set quite hard to stop it bottoming out due to the spring.
Sport bra must be worn by any of the girlies, and few blokes, that what to ride with me  ??)
I have uprated springs on my saloon but I've used standard shocks,the ride feels very good

Why would you need "high performance" items if you are not doing high performance driving?

The most important thing for a standard road drive is to ensure that the fixed spring seats on the front shockers are at the correct height, as some on sale are too high, jacking up the front.   But a reputable supplier should be selling correct shockers.

JOhn