polybush kits and gaz shocks

redhouse53

now I have a few miles on my GT6, I'm starting to think about suspension upgrades. The car won't be used for racing, so which colour polybushes should I go for? Also are Gaz shocks the way forward? I have been told they are the only option for rotoflex cars, is this correct?
Thanks

i have superflex bushes ans spax adjustable shocks on my spit. they are superb, the car handles well and the ride is good. given the choice though, i think i would go for konls next time; i used koni on my mini and the shocks worked for many years needing zero attention once they were set up.

The Koni's that have been on my rotoflex GT6 Mk3 have been there since the 1980s, still work well, & have outlasted a numbr of springs.  They look awful now with scrapes & peeling paint, but I can't bring myself to paint them.

I have just changed to red poly bush and Gaz shocks on the front.  The difference is significant compared with the blue polys and Avo shocks i removed.   I would fit red poly every time and I'm very happy with the Gaz shocks.  I do still have avo's on the back (swingspring car) People rave about Koni's but the fronts don't have adjustable spring platforms and you need to remove them from the car to adjust the dampening.  Complete ball ache if you ask me so I wouldn't ever consider using them!

I fitted adjustable Gaz shocks to a scimitar GTE SE6 i owned many moons ago.  I had them set to full soft to cope with the roads over here in Ireland (you think the roads are bad in the UK eh?) They were just the ticket, and the car drove and handled really well.

Archived