Luggage boards and shocks

black6osprey

Hi All, Two part question.

The luggage boards over then spare wheel although being well made and having all the correct clips, studs and padding etc, bounce and clatter around a lot especially on any bumpy road surface. Is this fairly typical or not?

If its not normal are my shocks set up too firm? I've got Koni shocks and I believe you have to take them off to adjust them but can you tell how firm they are set without taking them off?

Cheers

Rob

If the boards are afixed in the spring clips at the rear(lighting valance) and the front edge are located into the pegs then they shouldnt rattle
If the boards are saggy and bouncing on the  fuel tank/spare wheel then buy some 8mm plywood/marine plywood and paint or varnish and cut new.
However where the pegs are at the front, we replaced with countersunk cap screws and screw down into the cross/bar/channel
Having done all the above..........no rattles

I've had a look at it today and I think its down to the V shaped spring clips that the studs, mounted to board over the spare wheel, go in to. The board just springs back up and no amount of trying to bend the clips seemed to help. The snow started to come down a bit heavy then and it made my garage feel like I was on the north face of the Eiger so I called it a day. If I can dig my way to the garage I'll have another look tomorrow. Maybe I need to put some additional washers under the stud for some extra reach or something.

Archived