Rotoflex Conversion Rear Shocks

daveygravey

I have Nick's driveshafts fitted to my Rotoflex GT6 and use the shocks mountes off the chassis. (Nick's driveshafts have been excellent, no problems in 6000 miles. 10CR + AutoEcosse and general hooliganating about)

If you mount the shocks off the Chassis make sure you use the right length of shocker and the correct brackets.

I had all sorts of problems with my shockers bottoming out, before I realised that the mounts needed to be doglegged and not straight off the chassis.

I used a kit from Jigsaw Racing, brackets and AVO shockers to suit they are at the bottom of this page.

http://www.jigsawracingservices.co.uk/development.htm

Be careful where you buy the kit. I bought the rimmers kit, shocks were at a horrible angle front to back and bottomed with car parked up! At the time I bought them I didn't think the wheelarch bracket was available and hadn't even checked, now I have fitted a new one.
Van

I have heard it said more than once that it is better to have the wheelarch bracket than the shockers mounted directly to the chassis with the bracket and may yet go this route myself.

My shockers do sit at a bit of an angle front to back but not too bad.

Archived