Davemate

drop links
how do you know if there knackered,having replaced all front bushes with poly things,fitted new springs and some    new-ish spax shocks.I now have a clonking sort of sound at low speed and turning, like backing off my drive and pulling out from a side road a bit sharpish.The ARB bushes have been poly bushed as well.
If i undo the nut from the wishbone,it will unwind so far then it locks up and the hole thing including the captive nut starts to turn, so would i be correct in thinking they are knackered.

I do not know if i am making sence, if i need to change them i can undo the bolt that goes into the end of the ARB
but to get the drop link off the lower wish bonne i will have to grind through the nut/stud as the whole thing is just turning

Dave, I've just done my ARB drop links. One came off ok, other started turning as you describe, it's all the rust at the end of the screw thread. I just hacksawed straight through it. If it's turning, it's knackered. It means the rubber indside the little ball thing is all ripped to bits and had it.

I bought new studs for the end of the roll bar as well, they surpisingly came off with no problem.

I curious as to how you replaced the ARB rubbers with polybushes without getting the drop links off first??

nice one Dave, that's what I thought when doing mine, I did all 8 of the wishbone polybushes, the ARB bushes, the drop links and studs, new trunnions seals and every bolt and nyloc replaced, makes sense when you have the lot in bits anyway.

Archived