ARB reinforced drag struts

BlakeJ

Hey lads, I am in the process of adding a (front) anti roll bar onto my 2.5 PI, I have installed a crossmember from an S and all the associated linkages etc but I don't have the drag struts with the www wounding bracket. Over here in NZ they aren't the easiest to get so a mate of mine who is a certified welder has said he will make some / modify my ones but I need some measurements / dimensions of the ARB bracket and where it is located on the drag strut. If someone can help me out with this it would be much appreciated. Thanks :-)

Gday Blake, just measured my S and the linkage ball joint centre is approx. 50 mm to the centre of the strut mounting bolt. As to dimensions see if you can find a decent line drawing from someone's online catalogue and scale it from this. I doubt if you'll find a dimensioned drawing but who knows.
cheers
Rod

Back of the plate is 3.200" from the edge of the bolt hole

If you look the outside edge of the ARB hole is parallel with the edge of the strut.

The ARB hole is 0.850" above the face of the strut.

ps. if you see where the upper strengthener is angled where it is welded to the strut, this is to provide clearance for the drop link ball.

Here is a link to Andy Thompson's blog from some time ago.

http://triumphwestoz.blogspot.co.uk/2009_04_01_archive.html

This way you don't need the pickup points on the drag strut (as far as I can see)...

I have a pair with brackets I can measure for you later today is need be.

Thanks for you help guys, particulary Richard. These measurements are exactly what I needed. Will make them this weekend. Have read a couple more blogs and I think I will move the hole for the line vertically upwards about 10mm to allow strengthening and so the balljoint of the link won't foul on the strut. A few aftermarket guys sell them like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey lads I started modifying my drag struts today, I pulled them out and on the thread/bolt that goes into the bushing / chassis someone has very tightly wound a nit as a spacer on it (photo attached). Should I leave the thing on as it was fine in the steering before etc or should I remove it, I can't figure out why it would be on there. Help! [im][/img]