cammmy

I think I have all the necessary bits (I'm pretty sure the spare sub-frame I have is from the same car). Willl have a hunt for them.

Sorby, It's more that I have the bit's so will put 'em in. Would love to go adjustable dampers but currently spending car budget (read - everything ;)) on tidying the paint on the valver and getting the Pug ready to race.

880 wrote:
I think I have all the necessary bits (I'm pretty sure the spare sub-frame I have is from the same car). Willl have a hunt for them.

Sorby, It's more that I have the bit's so will put 'em in. Would love to go adjustable dampers but currently spending car budget (read - everything ;)) on tidying the paint on the valver and getting the Pug ready to race.

I can see where you're coming from, just pointing out that I think it'd be a shame not to get the full benefit of fitting the ARB.  Adjustable damping isn't essential and can always be fitted in the future but having driven a few properly set up ARB 2000s, I actually quite liked them and that's from someone who really isn't keen on anti roll bars!  ;D

I totally agree with you. I like to do all the little things that complement the big stuff, but unfortunately I can't with three cars at the same time (I'm only 20 :))

Will look at re-damping when it's RV8 time as that will affect the weight distribution/load over the front axle anyhow. Plus I'll then be focusing on the trump so can put more money in that direction.

Got my Cheviot Turbo's on yesterday, so much better. Smaller rolling radius than the standard wheels/tyres so I think i've effectively geared everything down again ;D (still using the auto diff with the manual box).

I'm looking at Chris Witors fast road fronts springs and heavy duty rear springs, along with a solid rack mount kit. He says they are a 1" drop over standard. Can you drop any further without making the car un-usable? Was looking for 30-35mm

Also sorby, looks like at least the rear struts have been replaced with something after market. They are metallic gold? Might see if I can find some markings next time I have the back end in the air.

If it's a TC it should have the raised post facelift ride height so dropping it 1" will only take it down to pre facelift ride height.  I've never found ground clearance to be an issue on my pre faceift car even over some quite massive speed bumps so going a bit lower still shouldn't really prove much of a problem.  Even Witor's hardest springs still give a relatively comfortable ride, nowhere near as firm as the boneshaker Audi thing I drive every day.

Good luck with your rear dampers, you may find someone has been there before and fitted a nice set of adjustable ones or something!

It's a 74 - pre facelift so I believe that it doesn't have the raised ride hight.

The car currently feels very well damped. Firm but not bouncy (or maybe that's because I drive a citroen every day now ;)). I doubt they are adjustables but even half decent aftermarkets are a plus!

Hello Cammy,

if you do want to go lower, I would look at the bump stops as on my car with Chris Witors springs there is not a lot of room between the bump stop and the track control arm, you might end up running on them unless you modify the cross member?

Alec

Archived