Rear Anti-Roll Bar

cammmy

Bah, I reckon it's just the weight of all those towbars and roof racks  ;D
Would get bogged on my driveway  :'(

Had a play around a few years ago looking at options, borrowed a whole load off Greg Tunstall. Ended up going back to Chris Witor's standard ride height with firmer coils (thanks to Burnerboy providing shipping).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm intrigued by the comments about lowering.  i reckon for fast road use, particularly with the bumpy roads we have in nz (tho i've just experienced a few similar in the UK recently), most trumps can't afford to drop too much without bottoming.  it seems to me that there's very little reason to lower for handling - they will go pretty well around corners if the car is set up ok.  as to the rear, i've found the best combination to be just mildly heavier springs, damn fine shocks and a rear sway bar.  however, that's for road racing, not track.  i'm not aware that i'm lifting a rear wheel, tho i imagine it's possible!  on front i've been using an S bar for a while but about a year ago put on a heavier bar with modified mountings and the car does seem to understeer less.  it seems there are almost endless combinations that can work, especially bearing in mind that we all have different driving styles. e.g.  i personally don't like the back moving out (except in the wet, which can be fun) but some love it.  my aim is to get it to that point where it is just short of breaking, but doesn't.  probably means i'm not driving hard enough!

Archived