What Steering Wheels is this?

herald65

Hello all

I just missed out on an ebay listing for a "SPITFIRE TRIUMPH STEERING WHEEL 13INS". Very angy with myself as I really wanted it for the herald. Anyway has anyone got any ideas of what it is?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPITFIRE-TRIUMPH-STEERING-WHEEL-13INS-NICE-CONDITION-/111361189062?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=2LG0%252F229kVk%252BuHocqI1wfOPWBZY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Is it a spitfire wheel without the funny squidgy doughnut thingy and a different boss? If not what make could it be?

I much prefer the smaller hornpush area (like the herald's wheel) rather than the motolita. I'm my opinion they look kind of fat... sorry  :P

Andy

Not OE, quite unusual. If a known make the seller would have mentioned it.

There are smaller hubs out there,  but most look more modern. A real conundrum.
I guess you could get a boss turned up that could use the original horn push?

Looks like a Mountney (13in) dished with boss - would look good in any small chassis i reckon

I know there was a short period with the Spit 1500's where they fitted a 'non-triumph' (so to speak) steering wheel...... maybe 1978..??? (could be wrong of course  :))

looks like an olde Speedograph one.
dont think its a mountney, as they had a wider outer band where it fixed.
and made the spokes look shorter

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=images+for+speedograph+steering+wheels&client=firefox-a&hs=Zag&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=s5WJU8DbM4SYO_WTgJAJ&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=820&bih=467&dpr=1.5

M