Steering column dismantling

StagNL

I'm attempting to dismantle my steering column in order to spuce it up a bit - all part of a major rebuild.
Now I've gotten to the point I want to remove the shaft from the housing, and split the upper and lower pieces of the housing.  Not getting very far so I might be missing something....
Is there a trick to doing the above?

Julian

Sorry I don't know, but try and have a look at an early parts catalogue (Version A). They usually give a very detailed list of all the components.

If you cannot find one I'll see if I can scan an image in.

On the Saloons there is a scrolled pin (interference fit), which needs drifting out before dismantling can commence. Maybe its somethine like that?  :-/

As you might assume, I don't have a parts catalogue.  I do have the ROM but not at hand unfortunately.
There is a scroll pin that holds the quick release bolt which I have already got out.  I'll be looking into it again on Thursday.
Might be able to check the ROM beforehand but I'm not counting on anything worthwhile being in it regarding the complete steering shaft disassembly.

Julian

That does indeed help, Richard.  Thank you for that.  What I want to do is get teh shat out and separate the two parts which are noted to have the number 215007 on that picture.
Thursday evening is the next tinkering session so I'll get back with how I got on.

Julian