What had power steering?

fastblatt

1741 wrote:
Hi.  Can anyone tell me what Mk2 models had power steering as standard and what is required to convert a 2000/2500

Mark

Rack
Cross member
pump & mounting bracket (and spacer)
engine block mounting bracket
steering column link
link arms (on the hubs)
Crankshaft pulley  for the drive belt (and longer bolt)
drive belt

oh yeah, and fluid.  :)

I think thats all. Anyone?

If you are interested I have most parts available for the conversion, I would strongly recommend the conversion, it transforms the car into a pleasant carefree drive. It is very light in all conditions.

Power steering rack
engine front plate
pipes
high and low pressure hoses
front crossmember
pump

You will need the radiator hoses and a few bolts, fan belt, a mounting bracket for the pump, and two pulley bottom crank, al of which can be got for a good price from Chris Wittor amongst others

send me a message if you are interested.

thanks

Carl

Wow what a fantastic response in such a short time. Thankyou all. Mr scrapman, Ideally I am after a tax exempt Mk11 auto in good to very good condition on the road (already got a project waiting for my attention), not brown or french blue. Carl, if the right car turns up that needs the conversion I will contact you.
Many thanks
Mark

sorbs wrote:
2000s with manual steering aren't bad but they feel really low geared and heavy compared to one with PAS.

My thoughts entirely,also agree with your views on ARBs, my pi rides much better than the estate, less crashiness over potholes. Leans a bit more though.

Colin.

Archived