Clutch change and release bearing carrier

mazfg

Pins on the throw out lever can wear flats,  have repaired one by cut out old and weld in a clevis pin and cut off to length

look at the carrier , some have an anti rotation pin fitted across the groove, if the groove has local wear redrill and fit pin elswhere

We fitted a diaphragm 2 ltr unit to my 1600 needs a new dowel hole and 2 lrt throwout but much better than the coil covers
note coil covers have a thicker disc than diaphragm covers

Pete

Quoted from Fatbloke
I work on the theory that while the bell housing is off, replace everything you can see rather than have to split it all again in the not too distant future.

I agree with your theory but speaking as a stag owner from a recent experience I wished I had done the complete opposite,new bearing carrier made to the wrong size, release bearing wrong one supplied and the new clutch was not as good quality as my old one, hope your Herald/Vitesse parts suppliers offer better quality components.
Just add reason for pulling apart was overdrive problems.

Quoted from nibby

I agree with your theory but speaking as a stag owner from a recent experience I wished I had done the complete opposite,new bearing carrier made to the wrong size, release bearing wrong one supplied and the new clutch was not as good quality as my old one, hope your Herald/Vitesse parts suppliers offer better quality components.
Just add reason for pulling apart was overdrive problems.

I bought the clutch off ebay. Was old, NEW stock (Borg & Beck) so hoping it's god quality (of old)