i have done the sms thing,but on trying to do the email bit i have a "does not appear to be a valid email address"

i have double checked and i have used the exact address that's given in the road book, is the last bit "uk."or is that just a full stop at the end of the sentence ?

Yeah, Just tested it myself and it worked fine. Only probelm is I left my work email signature on the end, I remember now you have to put "EOM" at the end of the message to surpress any signatures.  

I could do with deleting the test message with the work signature on it but I doubt there is any easy way of doing this!

Thanks for reminding people about that Cook1e, it's an undocumented feature but useful one, if your mobile device adds a signature to the message that you can't get rid of just put 'EOM' at the end of message and the software will ignore everything fom that point.
For historical reasons it is known as the 'Jason Filter'.
Sorry about the typo in the roadbook, the address was meant to be rbrnews@club.triumph.org.uk not 10crnews, but both go to the same place so it doesn't matter really.

K

Keith wrote:
Thanks for reminding people about that Cook1e, it's an undocumented feature but useful one, if your mobile device adds a signature to the message that you can't get rid of just put 'EOM' at the end of message and the software will ignore everything fom that point.
For historical reasons it is known as the 'Jason Filter'.

It looks like Mr weaver needs to apply the "jason Filter", also car 106 even more so... :-)

1937 wrote:
Confused... about an hour ago i sent an sms to the number in the book and also sent an email, Tim responded to the email but neither message has appeared on the message diary... anyone else experiencing similar?

I have sent emails, I did have to register again (terrible that it doens't remember me from 2 years ago.. :-) )

Not tried an sms yet.

Was your phone registered?

Cheers

Colin