Stanpart rear wings and inner arches !!

chunky63

I find that pricing quite sad really. I sold my set of these to an enthusiast who was rebuilding the back end and for 10% of that price. I know it is a free market blah blah blah but that is the price of a tatty running car. It will stop someone using them in an actual rebuild. Disappointing profiteering and i really hope they don't sell for that price.

Our cars are for enthusiasts and it will be sad to see them priced out like this.

I have the same but for the mk4/1500 sitting in my loft and when someone wants those for a build I will sell them sensibly. What a rip off

But i am sure others will disagree with me

Marc

Quoted from Marc F
Less than £1800 smackeroonies, and that with dealer margin.

Sorry, just looks like profiteering to me. YMMV of course

Maybe....

But are Stanpart still manufacturing panels????

BMW certainly still are. Now their prices are profiteering!

They would be best used as panels for proving the quality/fit of replacement ones.

BMW E30 rear quarter panels are;

Inner arch - £300 / £150 depending on side (one side is distinctly more complicated)
Outer Bowl - £140
Outer Wing Panel - £420

So, double those, add VAT and for the same job on a 1980s BMW you're looking at £1900, and that is assuming there are any in the UK and aren't on special order from Germany.

It's a lot of money, but it reflects the growing prices of Spitfires and all classic cars, although I agree, it would be nice if the panels some how go towards reproducing proper panels.

Lloyd, where are you??

Good to hear that I'm not the only one who finds the latest prices worrying for all us enthusiasts out there.

My rear wings were deseamed back in the 70s and I'm very keen on restoring them back to original specification. These wings and inner panels would of been ideal but it's too pricey for me.

Although the pattern wings and outer arches price up at just over £600 and as we know they need work to make them fit

Interesting the view points. I find it sad that parts get priced out of reach. I doubt these are the last available somehow, but if you guys are happy paying those prices then more power to you.  And the bmw bits sound complete - whereas the ebay is just for the inners. To that one has to add outer wings and the curved inner wheelatch panels. Very pricey.

But I do have some mk3 spit wings if you're interested. My inner wings are for the later model so no good for you at the very back.