Clutch master cylinder mod?

BigT-DK

Has anyone tried fitting this type of master cylinder, in place of the original clutch master?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Quality-Brake-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-0-625-Bore-Remote-Girling-Wilwood-type-/231044535415?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35cb53d477

I haven't had success with a hone/new seals in my original master.

From the specs it seems I will have to enlarge the bulkhead hole by about 10mm, and also get a couple of fittings to connect everything up. (already have a braided hose/jic fittings in place)

Yes plenty available , as I have 3 or 4 defective ones on the shelf (the MKII version with external reservoir)..
I have rebulit one already without success...

A seal kit (for the original)  is about 10 pounds, the item I linked to is around 25 pounds for brand new unit...

So one more rebuild and I have spent almost as much as the new item would cost.

I have found a simple way to bleed Lockheed one's after a lot of abuse towards my poor car. I've got a syringe which I connect to the bleeder nipple.It starts flowing almost instantaneously, it's then a matter of bleeding it in the normal fashion.
Tony.

For now I will order a couple of seal kits and [s][/s]build[s][/s] bodge a pressure bleeder...
( with 3 or 4 master cylinders and 4 slaves I should be able to produce one working set)

I have a resto project in the garage awaiting assembly and this will get the "girling" type mod over the winter...

thanks for your input

So seals.. do I go for the cheap repro stuff or use the NOS/Branded stuff (Ebay has lots of Landrover stuff for the slave but I have only found one ebay seller with what looks like original branded master cylinder seals)

I can also get repro stuff from all the usual suspects.