Apologies it's so early and the RBRR hasn't even happened yet  but how I wish it was 10CR time again.

OK so I am currently on holiday in Lake Garda and have driven the Furka pass today - that might have something to do with it

Just saying - that's all

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from kin74
Martin, if you're looking for nice roads to drive (and you haven't been there yet) don't miss the "Strada della Forra" in Tremosine! Some videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?q=brasa+schlucht
The whole southern area, with hills and castles, is enjoyable too.

Are you there (well, I should say here) with a classic car?

I am here with what may be a classic in years to come ' my MINI Cooper S Roadster which has been great fun with 185bhp available 🙂

Quoted from Raider

I am here with what may be a classic in years to come ' my MINI Cooper S Roadster which has been great fun with 185bhp available 🙂

Definitely a classic-to-be, I used to drive a BMW Mini Cooper (the "real" modern Mini, not those SUVs or 5-doors they sell now) and it was a real fun.

Enjoy Lake Garda despite the weather and feel free to ask for some hints, if needed. 😉

Quoted from thescrapman
Martin

Look what you have gone and done, he has gone and got all excited....

Gone and got all unnecessary! 😀

Well as I type this I am doing a recce on the Rhine. From my hotel room with view of said river I can of course see the barges and cruise ships but also the trains rattling by just over the road between us and the river  

It has been quite a holiday road trip really very like a 10CR.

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Well, 10CR will be fun when we need Visas and Passports to travel between countries...

In all the years of motoring/travelling on the continent we never had to have visas
In 1961  I remember being waved through some borders when they saw the black passport with gold crest as if it was an honour
Passports?Not but 30 seconds to take out of a pocket and put back in again
Ten CR runners be not afraid

Quoted from Velocita Rosso

In all the years of motoring/travelling on the continent we never had to have visas
In 1961  I remember being waved through some borders when they saw the black passport with gold crest as if it was an honour
Passports?Not but 30 seconds to take out of a pocket and put back in again
Ten CR runners be not afraid

To travel on a day trip to France, we didn't even need a real passport in the late 50's / early 60's. A quick session in the Woollies photo booth and a folded sheet of card with your info on it was all that was necessary- mind you the vehicles had to be loaded onto the ferry by crane back then

Quoted from Howard

To travel on a day trip to France, we didn't even need a real passport in the late 50's / early 60's. A quick session in the Woollies photo booth and a folded sheet of card with your info on it was all that was necessary- mind you the vehicles had to be loaded onto the ferry by crane back then

One of our first trips was on the tail of a `ferry`with freight trucks on railtracks inside the boat....cars were an afterthought....and there was a brass plaque on the side of the freight deck......depicting its use during the second world war!