brake pad suggestions

marino

Hello
Question now i remember talk of brake pads suitable for the alpine roads was discussed last time around . I used ebc green stuff last time  and wasnt that impressed to be honest although i do run an auto so they do get extra stick as you all know. But im sure mintex were mentioned so my question is what type and where from please ? Or any other suggestions on standard saloon brakes.

regards all

Hi Folks,
            Tim Hunt Swayed me to go Ferodo FDR167.
Did nearly 3000miles around Scotlandshire earlier this month. Worked very well.

I also was a GreenStuff user but have given up on them now.

Pads from Burton Engineering.

Roger

• 1 month later...

Quoted from marino
Well after ringing local suppliers for mintex , ive been talked into ebc yellow stuff apparently the new formula is the dogs, I will see thanks for all the replies.

Of course it is, they wouldn't be selling it otherwise would they?
John

Got to agree with Mike Banks about Greenstuff pads, just fitted some to my Saloon that are being used in conjunction with Wilwood 4 pots and Citroen vented discs (Witor kit).

As both Mike and Don have stated, I have found them to be progressive and they stop the car quickly without judder (which is more than can be said for the last set-that may have been down to very slightly warped discs).

Quoted from timbancroft61
Thread drift!

Mike Banks and Don, are you not doing the 10CR?

Hi Tim - no, unfortunately not this time.  Not from lack of wanting to do it, but some family issues meant it was not really possible.  I certainly hope I can do the next one though.  Thanks for asking.

I hope you have a great run, and have a large Leffe for me at Rolduc!