jamespworth

James,
There was one year when the 1500 shared the wheels with the Marina :B. Those wheels appear to have the locating bosses for the early hubcaps pressed into them in pictures I have seen. So they may be an option for you if you can find a set of them.
                                                                           Best of luck,
                                                                           Paul

James,
The older Spitfire or Gt6 wheels will fit, but you lose the benefit of the ventilating holes which the later wheels have. If you do go for the early wheels be sure to get the 4.5" wide ones and not the 3.5".
                                                                Cheers,
                                                                Paul

Quote:
James,
The older Spitfire or Gt6 wheels will fit, but you lose the benefit of the ventilating holes which the later wheels have. If you do go for the early wheels be sure to get the 4.5" wide ones and not the 3.5".
                                                                Cheers,
                                                                Paul

ok i see, will the lack of vent holes make a huge difference?

1317 wrote:
James,
There was one year when the 1500 shared the wheels with the Marina :B. Those wheels appear to have the locating bosses for the early hubcaps pressed into them in pictures I have seen. So they may be an option for you if you can find a set of them.
                                                                           Best of luck,
                                                                           Paul

Really?  I don't recall the Marina/Spifire ever sharing wheels.  I used to sell both new as a car salesman in the 70's.  What year was this?  Have you photos?

Mark

1218 wrote:
Really?  I don't recall the Marina/Spifire ever sharing wheels.  I used to sell both new as a car salesman in the 70's.  What year was this?  Have you photos?
It was the 1976 model year, and it might have been US only?

Archived