spit 1500 front hub water sheild

molten

Hello
After stripping front hubs down, I noticed that there does not seem to be any watersheild present between felt seal and vertical links.
Problem is that after browsing the main triumph suppliers (Rimmers, Moss, Canleys etc) these parts seem to be no longer obtainable so....
Does anyone know where I can get a pair from?
Chers
scott

Hi is the part you are describing the cup that is fixed to outer rim the contact surface for the felt seal? If so where in the world are you??? There are plenty of spits rotting away in scrap yards all over the country. All you have to do is go and remove the parts you need. Someone probably destroyed them trying to renew the stubs. Chris.

2402 wrote:
Hi is the part you are describing the cup that is fixed to outer rim the contact surface for the felt seal? If so where in the world are you??? There are plenty of spits rotting away in scrap yards all over the country. All you have to do is go and remove the parts you need. Someone probably destroyed them trying to renew the stubs. Chris.

Hello
Yes, it is the metal sheild that is pressed onto the vertical link that covers & conseals the felt seal when the hub is secured on the stub axle.

I live in Golborne, near warrington and I have contacted local breakers, but not that common around here. I may have located one from sports car supplies so fingers crossed.
Cheers
scott

Archived