Stag Hub bearings?

Mioraet

I have the chance to purchase a set of Hub bearings really cheap (clearance sale) They are for a Stag but I think they are the same? Anyone got any experience with this? I have found the part numbers given are the same as for MK2 saloon but just want to be sure..

Also another question for you guys out there, In your experience, which is the best workshop manual out there? I have  a Haynes but it is hopelessly inadequate and sometimes just misleading in some areas. Is Intereurope any better?

254 wrote:
I have the chance to purchase a set of Hub bearings really cheap (clearance sale) They are for a Stag but I think they are the same? Anyone got any experience with this? I have found the part numbers given are the same as for MK2 saloon but just want to be sure..

Also another question for you guys out there, In your experience, which is the best workshop manual out there? I have  a Haynes but it is hopelessly inadequate and sometimes just misleading in some areas. Is Intereurope any better?

How old are the bearings?  I'd avoid using bearings which have been in storage for years.  They're bound to have deteriorated.

I think some bearing manufacturers recommend a 3 year shelf life on their products.  It's not too hard to change the bearings, my mate has done them on his car but you need a press to get the assembly apart and they need to be set up correctly.  The Haynes manual covers this too.

Archived