Front wheel bearing sizes?

mazfg

Ok, so I bought some bearing kits from Paddocks back in November. Got my hubs ready, about to fit the outer rings for both inner and outer bearings and find the outerbearing outer  ring slightly too big and the inner bearing outer ring quite a lot smaller....... Luckily I kept the old outer rings and you can see the difference now. The only thing that is a good fit is the cup washer that goes with the felt washer, this fits perfectly.......

Anyway, just have boxed them up with my original outer rings, for Paddocks to check over......

Both kits had the same wrong sizes for my hubs. Are the 2.0 litre and 1600 hubs different.......

Ok, so just got my bits back from Paddocks....with (hopefully the right bearings, although the split pin that came with it is massive)
The note on the invoice says "Bearing kits supplied = WBK1 suitable for Type 14 calipers spit/ her 13/60/ Vit6. Now supplying for type16 = Vit2 litre + GT6

Well mine are Type 12 calipers...not sure the reasoning behind this..maybe my hubs are different (for a 2litre)..... Will phone them tomorrow anyway and ask.

Can anyone else shed some light....?

3398 wrote:
my bits back from Paddocks....with (hopefully the right bearings, although the split pin that came with it is massive)
The note on the invoice says "Bearing kits supplied = WBK1 suitable for Type 14 calipers spit/ her 13/60/ Vit6. Now supplying for type16 = Vit2 litre + GT6

They're working to incorrect data,

Cheers,
Bill.

the type 12/14 /16 it purlely down to the calliper adaptor plate fitted to a vit type  upright , not much to do with the bearings ,  eg our Vit 6 has type 16 mounts and caliper to replace the  tiny 12s  with the std hubs and later discs ...bearing stay the same 1600/2 ltr

Pete

Archived