Suspension Turret Differences

Scottie55

My understanding is that the front suspension turrets are different in hieght between Spitfire and GT6 to suit the engine mount position. Question is, are the turrets also different between Herald and Vitesse as well or are they both the same as the GT6?  

Different front uprights etc, you really want the whole lump from a GT6/vitesse. Alternatively you could engineer a brake upgrade ;) Gt6 discs will bolt on the spit hubs, then find a brake caliper, make a mount, job done. Sounds so easy ;D
BTW if you wanty some std vitesse front springs I am pretty sure I have a pair in the shed (as in wood structure, not an old car) if you want them I will take to stoneleigh, or pop in if you are passing!

429 wrote:
Thanks Slimboy.

So if I wanted to upgrade my Herald front suspension and brakes to that of a Vitesse, I guess all I have to do then is fit GT6/Vitesse discs and calipers? Or are they common as well/

I've already upgraded the rear.

M16 calipers bolt straight on to Spitfire uprights, saves the expense of changing to GT6 suspension parts. M16 calipers are relatively common (think Ford), and the pads are the same as the GT6 Type 16. Remember to use metric pipe union, and you will have to get someone to reduce the diameter of a GT6 disc. That should take 5 minutes in a lathe so should only cost you a beer or two for the operator. Can't remember the exact diameter right now, but I think one of our Heralds is still fitted with this set up so I could measure for you if you decide to go down this path.

Archived