Refitting my front suspension

mazfg

So, I've finally got round to doing this (after taking more off the car than putting back on!) and have just fitted wishbones and dampers. In the manual says not to tighten up too much until car has been lowered down with everything re-fitted. Then laden and nuts tightened (to correct torque settings).

QUestion is, how much is not too tight. Obviosuly I don;t want to lower it all down with loose nuts but not sure how much to pre-tighten?

Any pointers please?

The reason for not fully tightening until on the ground is that the bushes twist in the rubber as the suspension rises and falls.

So if you tighten them while the wheels are off the ground, they will be twisted and under load when on the ground, reducing their life.

What you want to end up with is no twist in them when on the ground, so you need to leave them quite loose before dropping it down. This is not a probelm providing you remember to tighten them all up  ??).

Glen

• 10 months later...