Front Suspension

Cerberosa

Evening all

My trunnions are in need of replacement on my gt6 mk3 rotoflex, i have a bought an overhaul kit from Rimmers.

is this all i need to overhaul them?

While im at it i am going to replace my trackrod ends as one of them has just split.

I also have a polybush kit from my previous gt6 which was a later model without the rotoflex, will the front bushes still be the same across the models? im assuming they will fit as the front suspension didnt change?

thankyou for any replies

aidan

3030 wrote:
Would this mean i need to replace the vertical link also?

Maybe but most times its the softer brass trunnion that has worn. If you get a similar "advise" after changing the trunnion then consider a new vertical link.

Don't forget to use EP90 when fitting the new trunnion.

Most (all?) new trunnions have a steel plate swaged into the bottom, instead of being made from solid metal as of yore.
And the swaging leaks, so your trunnions soon run dry.

Clean the inside of the bottom of the new trunnion with thinners, dry thoroughly, and smear Araldite around the bottom, with a suitable tool.   Cut down lolly stick?   Piece of wood, long matchstick?.
The idea is to get the adhesive into the joint, as a seal.
Other sealants may work.

If you wait and see if the new trunnion leaks, there will beoil in the seal and no sealnt will do the job.

John