1968 GT6 - Rear Suspension Work

JSBulmer

As winter slowly creeps in to the prairies I am turning my attention to this year's GT6 project - the rear suspension.  

The intention is to completely remove the spring set and related bits.  Searching through the various suppliers I have assembled a list of parts that I think I need.  I wanted to check here to see if there is anything I have overlooked or anything else that I should do whilst in there.

The list I have so far includes:

Bushings for radius arm
Bushing for shocks / dampers
Shocks / Dampers
Spring Buttons

I had planned on purchasing everything from one of the usual parts suppliers.  Any recommendations for preferred suppliers?

jb

Make sure you use polybushes rather than the originals unless you are building a concours car and are a stickler for originality. The Polybushes give a much better ride and handling, last longer and are easier to fit....

If you can afford them I'd go for Koni shocks.

In terms of suppliers, Canleys, Paddocks or Manners Parts 4 are my preference and are usually best value.

michael_charlton wrote:
Hi
You may as well replace the bearing housing/trunnion bush`s and trunnion bolt
Whilst you have that lot off its not a long job
Talking of renovation ...have they got anywhere further with that Lancaster Bomber halfway down the 2 from Calgary yet?

I haven't stopped by the Museum in a while, but I hear they are still progressing along.  More details can be found on the Bomber Command website:  http://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca

1264 wrote:

I haven't stopped by the Museum in a while, but I hear they are still progressing along.  More details can be found on the Bomber Command website:   http://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca

Thanks
If you have any problems with obtaining parts ,let me know
There are ways and means...........especially having friends up the 2 near Calgary

Decided to source everything through Rimmers - I know that some don't care for them, but thought I would try.  Noticed that the price on the SPAX dampers were cheaper (inlcuding shipping) from the UK than purchasing directly for a supplier in the US (without shipping).

A 300 pound dent in the MasterCard for everything, but it will give me something to do over the Solstice break in December.

jb

Archived