Wheel weights rubbing on suspension arm

Mr Elsie

Having just got my wheels back from being refurbished, I promptly put them on and took the GT6 for a spin.  No sooner had i reversed of the drive I noticed a grating coming from the rear.  Further investigation uncovered that the wheel weights were rubbing against part of the suspension arm.  I have non standard tyres on the back (215's) but didn't have this problem when the wheels were old and grotty. The weights are now off as i'm down to stafford tomorrow but obviously need to get it sorted.   Has anyone suffered from this and is it a matter of returning the car back to the garage to have the weights re-positioned?  Also want to check whether an unbalanced wheel is ok for the trip tomorrow as i'm no expert on what effect an unbalanced wheel would have.

Talk to the garage/tyre fitters and tell them where the weights should not be.
Then they can reposition them.
It may be more than just using the same weights in a different place  - the mass must be added in the same radial position, but it may need more, or less mass.
You might have to pay again for the work, which is fair enough!

JOhn

JohnD wrote:
Talk to the garage/tyre fitters and tell them where the weights should not be.
Then they can reposition them.
It may be more than just using the same weights in a different place  - the mass must be added in the same radial position, but it may need more, or less mass.
You might have to pay again for the work, which is fair enough!

JOhn

Or go for stick on weights.

3815 wrote:
They were stick on weights.. Back to the garage this week to get them sorted..

I had the same problem I took them off and moved them over in the same area to miss the arm and re-stuck them on  ;)they have been fine since :)

Hugh

3815 wrote:
They were stick on weights .. Back to the garage this week to get them sorted..

I thought that they were stick on weights as are mine and they will stick on again with a new sticky pads you can get them in the big big stores or Halfords then you just sick them back on.

Archived