2000 mk1 front suspension shims

Jonny-Jimbo

Hi all,

I meant to post this last weekend, but the BMW builds have taken over a bit. Anyway, now the dampers have come back from Chris Witor I can look at getting the front end back together. When I stripped it all down a few thin shims fell out, but I didn't see which bolts they were on. They are also not listed in the workshop manual.

Is there any way of telling where they came from and where they were? I guess they're for adjusting camber, but I don't really want to build the whole front end only to have to strip it all out to put them in.

Any ideas?

I think that may end up being a job down the line. Due to various issues I only managed to get the dampers built up yesterday and not got them on the car. No matter what I did I just couldn't get the upright to be in the right alignment for the four damper bolts to fit to. I'm going to have another go today but with the anti roll bar not attached. Anyone else got any ideas on how to get it all easily moving (I don't want to split the lower ball joint in case it gets knackered in the process.)