Rotoflex wishbone pivot bracket, advice

John Bonnett

Using the Canley diagram as a reference I'm totally confused as to where the datum point is on the rear tower. I've tack weld the bracket in place with a distance shown on the ruler to about 140mm. Bollting up it all looks reasonable but I would like some guidance before fully welding.

Thank you.

John

John, DO not weld up, untill the track is set, and the actuall wish bone is in place.
to me, there is a flaw in the way the OE braket is fitted
its staright up / doon,  where as the roto link is inclined aboot 3-4 degs. so the braket should match the links orientation,
as done OE, this actually puts a twist into the inner bolt / bush

maybe not enuff for most folk to worry, but Im fussy on me rear end set ups.

M

hypoid53 wrote:
John, the rear datum points should be the outside rear edge of the tower, to the inside rear edge of the rear bracket arm =  14.17cm. Looks like you are 99% there!
:)

Thank you Lindsay. Good to know I'm on the right lines. If you still had you car I'd have popped over this afternoon just to double check. Did the buyer make it back to Ireland?.   :) :) :)

796 wrote:
John, DO not weld up, untill the track is set, and the actuall wish bone is in place.
its staright up / doon,  where as the roto link is inclined aboot 3-4 degs. so the braket should match the links orientation,

M

Thank you Makus. I've only tacked the top far corners so the verticals can be adjusted and welded to suit when the body (and the tie rods) is/are on.

796 wrote:

M

Having tacked both brackets on, it is interesting to note that the verticals actually come down at an angle to the vertical which would give caster. The brackets came from TSSC shop and would appear to address your concerns Marcus. Thank you for bringing that point to my attention.

regards

John