Trunnion bushes - lubricate?

TR7th Heaven

Morning Chaps,
I'm in the process of lightly overhauling my front suspension and have bought a 'trunnion re-bushing kit' (See photo). My question is - do I oil or grease anywhere? Obviously the trunnion itself contains oil but should the metal sleeve be lubricated so it can turn against the bolt that secures it? Or, should there be any oil or grease under the outer metal trunnion shield, where the rubber seal keeps the water out? I can't see anything helpful in the workshop manual.
When I took the old trunnion bushes apart, they were full of rusty water. The trunnions themselves are in good nick, well lubricated and turn smoothly and freely so I'm going to leave them alone.
Any advice, as ever gratefully received.
Cheers,
Rich  ;)

Both.  The inside of the tube with the bolt in needs an anti-seize grease, like Copperslip. This isn't a lubricant but is best at maintaining the bolt and tube corrosion free, whereas grease isn't.

The tube does not (well, should not) rotate around the bolt as it is clamped tight by the bottom wishbone and therefore does not need lubrication with the bolt or wishbone. If yours has, check that the bolt holes have not worn oval. It's the top hat bushes that rotate around the clamped tube.

The top-hat bushes, the outer surface of the tube, and the end washers/shields need grease to lubricate them. Usually the the top hat bushes, when pressed in, do not quite meet and this provides a reservoir of grease if you can get some in there with your little finger.

I used poly bush kit when I redid mine. The only components you get are the polybush and a stainless steel tube. I Just greased the bolt that went through when I did mine. Being stainless I hope they'll be no rust, although the bolt was just steel....