Change front trunnion

Einar

I’m about to change the front trunnion. It should be straight forward, but I’m not able to get out the bolt fitting it to the bottom wishbone. See picture. The nut is loose and the bolt itself turns and the front vertical link is possible to turn up-and-down. I’ve tried to beat the bolt with a hammer, but don’t want to be too rough. Is there anything I’ve ignore or missed?

The bolt is seized on the inner steel sleeve in the middle of the bush. Hacksaw blade with a handle or a bit of rag to hold it. Cut between the bush and the link. You'll probably have to do both sides. Each side takes about 10 minutes,,,,,,Don't ask me how I know. :'(
Tony.

Or angle grinder with a 1mm cutting disc. 2mins for both sides.....

both that and the saw you cut through the water shields (they are the washer things between the trunnion and the wishbone)

Unscrew the VL first to improve access. You should be able to just use a decent hacksaw (certainly on the rear trunnions, maybe access is a bit worse at the front. May need to take off shock/spring. In fact, take the lower wishbone off and do it in a vice would be best)