GT6 Mk3 Rear Trunnion Superflex Bushes

xebec

Hi,
I am trying to fit Superflex rear trunnion bushes to my Rotoflex GT6 and have found that in order to fit the upper link to the wishbone there is not a lot of room to get the washers in. The kit supplies 8 top hat bushes, 4 stainless steel bushes and 8 washers. I assume these washers fit either side of the bushes however it is not possible to get them between the bush and the link on the inside. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have included a pic of the situation as it is as I have left the inside washers out.  I do not want to bang the washers in place as to me that is going to cause damage. Anybody any advice gratefully received. Thanks^& Regards, Ken.

Hi Ken,

How thick are the washers?  Is there any space left for them at all or are the bushes snug up against the VL?

There are two types of VL.  Those like yours (more common, later I think) have the pads for the bushes to bear against cast in.  The others don't have the pads cast in and are narrower.  These have thick washers to form the pads instead.  Possible the kit includes the extra washers for that?

Nick

Hi Nick,
The washers are about 1.6mm thick. I tried to tap one of the washers between the link and the bush and I could get it about a quarter of the way in so gave up trying that. There would be no way I could get one in on either side of the VL against the bush.  I did not want to damage anything especially the bush. The bushes are a snug fit on the VL. I also tightened the bolt slighty and it all seems very tight and when torqued up it will be even tighter of course. I am slowly coming to the conclusion that the washers are not required in my setup. Cheers.