Tightening of trunnion

LouisW

Sorry to be making lots of threads.

Basically I just put my trunnions back onto the vertical links and tightened them up all the way. I then backed off 180 degrees but this still felt "hard" when turning in one direction, so i span them round again and this seemed much better. The dust seal isn't right at the top of the vertical link thread, there is about a 1cm gap but this obviously changes when the wheel is turned and the trunnion either loosens or tightens. Does this sound okay? I dont want to get it wrong and have any issues. Both are the same as they are, and they're on plenty of thread.

Will be oiling them up tomorrow.

Louis.

You did right in the first place, don`t back them off too far eg more than 180 , otherwise you will put strain on the vertical link
The more the link shows or protrudes you are loosing the support strength
Just screw right up and keep on screwing back and forth until they feel more free, they will soon bed in with the weight of the car sat on them

Alright, so i'm best to take them out and tighten up? The only thing I noticed was when they were 180  is that when turned right (on the drivers side trunnion) it got tight as it started compress against the actual dust seal above? I suppose this will just compress and wont be an issue?