Rotoflex trunnions! Polybush or std?

Clive

I have polybushes (or whatever brand they are, bought a long time ago) for most of my car. However, having recently (finally) decided to use std rotoflex uprights and lower wishbones I need to get some trunnion bushes. However, the choice is std or polybush, both similar in price (unusual)
So what do I get?
(I have the lower wishbone inner bush, and the tie-rod bushes, all in red, but colour will not be an issue ;D )

CharlieB wrote:
The standard ones are nylon aren't they? Why would you want to fit something softer?

The polybush kits from superflex come with their red bushes, which are the hardest ones they make and equivalent in hardness to nylon.

The polybush kits also get rid of the somewhat naff O-ring sealing arrangements of the originals, well worth the upgrade!

Charlie, that was partly my thoughts.
BUT I also understand the quality issues with repro "oe" stuff. If the superflex ones ARE as hard as nylon (though I cant see how, otherwise you would never get thenm in, or are they split? ) it could be the best bet.

Who supplies red superflex?

Superflex don't give you a choice about what hardness bushes you can buy (* see note below). They offer different hardnesses for different locations on the car, depending on loading conditions at that location. They offer blue, yellow and red bushes with increasing hardness (red being equivalent to nylon).

The rear trunnion bushes are split in two "top-hat" halves, so you can fit them easily.

(* note - for some bush kits, ie front wishbones, you can choose the bush hardness)

Polybush on the other hand offer all bushes throughout the car in soft (blue), medium (orange) or hard (red) spec. In my experience with both, superflex are a superior product and also have stainless steel tubes.

Archived