Anti burst catches...Triumph Herald Convertible

Alan Armstrong

Hi,

Continuing the rebuild of my car, the doors are clearly not from a convertible as there are no holes in the end panel of the door to accept the "tongue" of the anti burst catch.

Does anyone have a template that i can transpose onto the door so i can drill and fit the tongue please?

Whilst I have photoed other doors with the tongue in place, its not good enough to work with..

Thanks

I have attached photos of the Doors I had which came from a convertible, But They raise a Second Question? The door with the measure on it is the Driver Door so that has an Anti Burst, the other door the Passenger door doesn’t have Antiburst fitting! No Dimples to maybe Add! I’ve checked the Tub and there’s provision for both to connect. So slightly Bemused, is this a special feature we don’t tell the wife off!😱

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2070.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Jonny-Jimbo said:

Bit late now probably, but that anti burst catch isn't in the right place. From memory it sits fairly centrally in that larger indentation in the door. I have a number of spare doors, I'll see if I can get some photos for you.

Looks about right to me?

Here's a photo off the TSSC Forum

Gary 

Antiburst Catch Door location.webp