Moss Roadster

Stuart Wilson

The two with the raised ring (pot clutch) are 1500. The other is most likely 1300 as you say. It probably has smaller diameter holes for the crank bolts. 

One thing to watch on the 1500 flywheels is that Dolly and Spitfire items look very similar, but they have different ring gears. Spitfire have the chamfer on the back side (inertia starter) and Dolly on the front (pre-engaged). Tooth pitch is also different so starters don’t interchange and Dolly ones are now rare/expensive. Guess how I know this……

The one in close up is a Spitty one.

Edited by Nick Jones
  • Like 2

As suggested I've bought some standard thrusts for the crank, going to fit those over next week or so and see what end float I then have. Which will give me a base to work from.

Cam will be coming out too, see what condition that's in. Though my plan has always been to fit a new one.

When I'm not looking at various engine parts I'm also thinking about the dash, gauges and the layout of them.

I'm planning on a complete new dash which a carpenter friend is up for doing for me. Also thinking of adding brushed stainless panels within the wooden dash.

Also going to upgrade some of the wiring, especially the lights!

Also had a thought today about the fuel tank. I believe the tank is a specific to the Moss, which I'm thinking may well be rusty on the inside. To be investigated at a later date.

If anyone has details on Moss Roadster fuel tank feel free to let me know