Metric or imperial calipers?

Llessur

I've got a nice set of 16PB calipers that I'm about to rebuild. I'm just about to order the parts but how can I tell if they are metric or imperial?

All I know if they're from a 1972 GT6 MK3 - the year they were changed from imperial to metric so they could be either. Unfortunately I don't know the commission number of the car they came off.

Do they have any sort of markings to distinguish the two?

I've got a set of 16P imperial calipers in pieces. Is there any part I can compare between the two to find out if the PBs are imperial or not or will there not be any easily seen difference?

Cheers

me again...

I've had a look at the pins that have come out of my type P imperial ones and they seem to be quite a bit bigger in diametre than the ones that came out of the PBs. Am therefore hoping that this means the PBs must be metric ones?

Any ideas?

Ah, that would be the simple way. It's basically because I am a fool and have left the PBs elsewhere and don't have access to them until the weekend so all I've got for reference is my 16Ps and my somewhat vague memories of stripping the PBs. Was hoping to order parts tomorrow to rebuild them this weekend so am trying to figure it out without the luxury of being able to swap/measure parts etc.

Think I've figured it now though hopefully with the help of Canley's catalogue...

Archived