Guppy916

Seem to remember seeing a post on the TSSC Facebook page a while ago they had 4 pot callipers now available if my memory is correct.

Might be worth a look? Can't remeber price etc I'm afraid.

Edit: found the link, hopefully works

https://m.facebook.com/1391249377782323/photos/pb.1391249377782323.-2207520000.1422304344./1557313997842526/?type=1&source=42

I would be tempted to get some recon callipers, mintex 1144 pads and new discs. Along with goodridge hoses.
Or fit vented discs if you suffer from brake fade. I have done this using redrilled capri discs and had the back of the hub machined (or was it the front, memory fading) to help clearance. Then a spacer for the calliper to fit the thicker discs.

7222 wrote:
Mk3 GT6 with 2.5 lump all lightened and balanced Triple 40DCOE's and more,,,,,,,,,

Point Taken!

Hi-Spec do a kit for GT6 I think.

There used to be a Wilwood caliper that bolted straight onto GT6 uprights, and you then used a Renault 21 vented brake disc.

Not sure Wilwood do that particular caliper any more.

Cheers

Colin

I have Vitesse / GT6 brakes with 1144 pads and a booster on my Herald, and they're more than adequate. In fact with the booster the fronts are almost too easy to lock up on wet roads. The Herald can't replicate a standard GT6's top speed, but for road use I'd say that the GT6 front brakes are fine. Maybe you'd get fade on a long downhill descent, but I never have.

My GT6 has a similar engine to yours, so I stumped up the readies and bought the Canley big red brake kit. They look good and fit well, but as the car's not on the road yet, I can't testify as to their effectiveness. They don't fit some 13" wheels though, so you should talk to Canleys before you buy them. As for Wilwoods, I read that their calipers generally don't have dust seals as they're designed for track use. Well, that's what it says on the box anyway  ;)  If you do fit Wilwoods, ask the supplier about their seals first. As for HiSpec, I've never seem them and don't know of anyone who has fitted them on a Trumpy. Google may produce some more info.