Tool of the Month!

Adrianb

Mmmm! Anyway! Found this in my dads old Tool bag, he used to service his own Triumphs back in the 1970/80s and all of his tools have passed onto to me but this one is baffling me it’s about 5 inches long and one end twists!

IMG_1628.jpeg

Hi Clive he did smoke a pipe in the 60s as you say the power of the internet! A pipe reemer for cleaning out the pipe bowl! I’m pondering what I can use it on in the car, maybe hole enlargement on wooden bits! Any way thanks for that Clive.

17 hours ago, JohnD said:

Scaffolder's tool.  Combined spanner, to tighten the clamps between beams, and hammer to loosen them.

Usually held in a leather holster!

John

Good guess but no!

It is an original Triumph tool ... the hammer to hit the wheels centre lock key not sure what the spanner end was for though ...

Wot?  Where's your evidence?   

NEVER hit the wire wheel spinner with a steel hammer!    Weighted rubber, hide or copper headed ONLY!

Anyway, the hammer head has a claw on the back, for removing nails.     Useful for a scaffolder, no earthly use on a Triumph!   

The tool is called a 'podger'

Here's another:

IMG_2296_00e0e0fb-6c9a-4055-9d3c-e1af932c4991_2000x.jpg?v=1708630657

And a modern one, which has the hammer incorporated into the same end as the spanner, which is now a ratchet, while the handle has become a pick.

Podger Hammer,Scaffolders Hammer | Scaffolding, Carbon steel, System  scaffold

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 1