Dolomite shockers on a spitfire

oxide

Trying to raise the front end just how much higher will using dolomite shockers lift the car. The spring pan is higher so car must be lifted right?.
  Sorry i should have said toledo the dolomite has two bolt lower mount.  :'(

Not sure this will work The pans are inches different in height, plus I think the toledo uses smaller diameter springs (I have the t shirt on this !) dolomite shocks very similar to toledo ones, but have the same diameter springs as spitfire. (if you have been looking at fleabay te pics are often not of the actual shocks!)

How much higher do you want the car? it can be raised an inch or so by using GT6 springs, or spacers from moss (or indeed a TR4) A better idea really..........But a bit intrigued why you want a higher car! Trials, speedbumps or is yours just too low?

Trials is my reason for needing more lift, and you are right first time i have used fleabay for photos.

The rear end lift from what i can see is a nightmare, only dropping the axle mountings with spacers or similar looks to be the only chance.  a spacer under the spring seat will drop it not lift it.
  How much lift? Well i do not really know how much i need, maybe a few spacers to give me an inch will do, trial and error literally may be the only way to find out.

Spacer placed between the pan and spring will raise it. Plus longer/harder springs, in fact std vitesse springs may be a good choice, not too hard!Plus you can add a small (1/2" max) spacer above the top spring pan (between it and the front suspension tower)
The rear can be raised in a few ways. You could change the pring to a herald or vitesse one. If your spit is a mkIV/1500 it means you will lose the "swingspring" and so impare handling, but it will help in your trialling. Alternatively, how about extending the rear vertical links?Add and inch or 2, that will help I would think. Downside it that you will almost certainly add positive camber, but swapping to long rear shafts (if your car does not already have them) would again help a bit.

Archived