Going loco, up in Acapulancaster

JohnD

I've bought another car.  I know, crackers. But it's worse.   This is a Vitesse-based Spartan special:

Spartan3.thumb.jpg.86de14f7d846cf9fc54b8c058af44be0.jpg

Spartan1.thumb.jpg.f6547ae6c2ccde3b01a69baf8d4365c6.jpg

It had been "the property of a gentleman", who as such people do, kept it for years, doing nothing to it or for it.   When he died, friends cleared his house, and persuaded a friendly scrap dealer to store it on top of a cargo container.   And not just this, there were three other cars up there, two Mini-based 'Ramblers' and a Mini-based MG Midget look' alike.  Like my friend, I couldn't bear to see it crushed, so I've taken it on.  I'm NOT going to restore it myself, but hope either to find someone who will, or else break it for parts.  I paid very little for it, and would be glad to pass it on to a good home for no more.

If anyone would like to take it on, it is known to the DVLA as on SORN, has a well preserved Triumph Commission plate on it,  the GRP  wings and the metal panelled sides are in good if weathered nick, but the woodwork needs restoration/replacement.   Underneath?  No idea as yet.

John

• Like 1

On 23/07/2024 at 10:12, JohnD said:

I've bought another car.  I know, crackers. But it's worse.   This is a Vitesse-based Spartan special:

Spartan3.thumb.jpg.86de14f7d846cf9fc54b8c058af44be0.jpg

Spartan1.thumb.jpg.f6547ae6c2ccde3b01a69baf8d4365c6.jpg

It had been "the property of a gentleman", who as such people do, kept it for years, doing nothing to it or for it.   When he died, friends cleared his house, and persuaded a friendly scrap dealer to store it on top of a cargo container.   And not just this, there were three other cars up there, two Mini-based 'Ramblers' and a Mini-based MG Midget look' alike.  Like my friend, I couldn't bear to see it crushed, so I've taken it on.  I'm NOT going to restore it myself, but hope either to find someone who will, or else break it for parts.  I paid very little for it, and would be glad to pass it on to a good home for no more.

If anyone would like to take it on, it is known to the DVLA as on SORN, has a well preserved Triumph Commission plate on it,  the GRP  wings and the metal panelled sides are in good if weathered nick, but the woodwork needs restoration/replacement.   Underneath?  No idea as yet.

John

I like it, if only I had room 🙄

Posted (edited)

As if I did!  But time as well.   Further inspection and a clean up reveals more.

It is a "Spartan +2", 6" longer wheelbase than a Vitesse, with the Triumph engine  and gearbox, front suspension and Rotaflex rear axle, on a galvanised chassis!   Which I suspect was part of the Spartan kit, along with several attractive cast aluminium components, the radiator and windscreen surrounds, the door window frames and the very distinctive spare wheel  nut on the back.

Spartansparewheel.thumb.jpg.3b2dddadf1b744dc064b3389a32296fe.jpg

Those, some hard polishing will make look good, while the bodywork is in  pretty good condition, in aluminium sheet, save for the rather dashing mudguard and running board in GRP.  All in need of  rubbing down and a repaint, but zero damage to make good!

John

Edited by JohnD