Metric/imperial bore fuel hose

When will sellers realise that 6mm bore is not 1/4" ? Our cars are and always will be imperial. There is always a difficulty in fitting 6mm bore as the fuel fixings are 1/4" and larger in diameter, not by much ,but enough. Tried using 6mm and it splits(with the modern rubbers). Going on Tebay..they advertise 1/4" with a 6mm in brackets......its either 1/4 or 6mm.....cant be both

• Like 1

On 21/07/2024 at 16:06, Velocita Rosso said:

When will sellers realise that 6mm bore is not 1/4" ? Our cars are and always will be imperial. There is always a difficulty in fitting 6mm bore as the fuel fixings are 1/4" and larger in diameter, not by much ,but enough. Tried using 6mm and it splits(with the modern rubbers). Going on Tebay..they advertise 1/4" with a 6mm in brackets......its either 1/4 or 6mm.....cant be both

I had (still have) exactly the same issue when restoring the fuel system on my car ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clive said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254656405760

Problem solved. Assuming it is genuine Codan stuff, which is probable.

Thanks, but I wasn`t saying I couldn`t search and find anything.......the comment being most sellers are saying/quoting "6mm ...(1/4,)" which is incorrect, and wish they wouldnt do so. I will try your reccommendation

• Like 2